in Livingston serves students ages 3-13 with multiple disabilities from throughout New Jersey. The curriculum stresses functional learning – increasing life skills and enhancing a child’s ability to gain as much independence as possible. We emphasize self-determination, independence, and communication. Horizon Elementary School
Speech, physical and occupational therapies are incorporated into the classroom setting and, assistive technology and augmentative communication devices foster greater interaction and choice making. We also have on-site nurses to meet the medical needs of our students.
The school offers:
- On-site aquatic therapy pool
- Hippo therapy (which involves horseback riding at a local stable)
- Spacious medical suite opened in 2011 to meet the needs of students with significant medical challenges
- Vision sensory room for students with visual challenges
- 2,500 square-foot accessible outdoor play park with an outdoor classroom and greenhouse
- State-of-the-art therapy room
- A therapeutic Preschool program
Be sure to check out our www.horizonschoolsnj.org to learn more.
You can also contact:
(973) 821-8091 ext. 1218